Zhan Qiao (栈桥)

Zhan Qiao (栈桥), Qingdao.

Zhan Qiao (栈桥), located in Qingdao Old Town, which means loading pier was originally constructed by the Germans in 1891. In 1931 and again in 1985, Zhan Qiao (栈桥) was expanded into a wharf measuring 440 meters long by 8 meters wide. The Huilan Pavilion is situated at the most southern end of the pier and is the icon used for Tsingtao Beer.

Photograph © Colton Dirks

Rate this post

Share This: